CERTIFICATION OF ENROLLMENT
SUBSTITUTE HOUSE BILL 1416
1991 Regular Session
Passed by the House March 8, 1991
Yeas 96 Nays 0
Speaker of the
House of Representatives
Passed by the Senate April 12, 1991
Yeas 46 Nays 0
President of the Senate
Governor of the State of Washington
I, Alan Thompson, Chief Clerk of the House of Representatives of the State of Washington, do hereby certify that the attached is SUBSTITUTE HOUSE BILL 1416 as passed by the House of Representatives and the Senate on the dates hereon set forth.
Secretary of State
State of Washington
SUBSTITUTE HOUSE BILL 1416
AS AMENDED BY THE SENATE
Passed Legislature - 1991 Regular Session
State of Washington 52nd Legislature 1991 Regular Session
By House Committee on Fisheries & Wildlife (originally sponsored by Representatives R. King, Fuhrman, Hochstatter, Padden, Basich, Morris, Dorn, R. Meyers and Winsley).
Read first time February 19, 1991.
AN ACT Relating to game fish mitigation; adding new sections to chapter 43.131 RCW; and adding a new chapter to Title 77 RCW.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON:
NEW SECTION. Sec. 1. The legislature declares that the public and private propagation, production, protection, and enhancement of fish is in the public interest.
NEW SECTION. Sec. 2. Unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter.
(1) "Department" means the Washington department of wildlife.
(2) "Contract" means an agreement setting at a minimum, price, quantity of fish to be delivered, time of delivery, and fish health requirements.
(3) "Fish health requirements" means those site specific fish health and genetic requirements actually used by the department of wildlife in fish stocking.
(4) "Aquatic farmer" means a private sector person who commercially farms and manages private sector cultured aquatic products on the person's own land or on land in which the person has a present right of possession.
(5) "Person" means a natural person, corporation, trust, or other legal entity.
NEW SECTION. Sec. 3. If the department requires, pursuant to its authority relative to environmental permits or licenses, that resident hatchery game fish be stocked by the permittee or licensee for mitigation of environmental damage, the department shall specify the pounds or numbers, species, stock, and/or race of resident game fish that are to be provided. The department shall offer the permittee or licensee the option of purchasing under contract from aquatic farmers in Washington, those game fish, unless the fish specified by the department are not available from Washington growers.
NEW SECTION. Sec. 4. Any agency of state or federal government, political subdivision of the state, private or public utility company, corporation, or sports group, or any purchaser of fish under section 3 of this act may purchase resident game fish from an aquatic farmer for stocking purposes if permit requirements of this title and the department have been met.
NEW SECTION. Sec. 5. A new section is added to chapter 43.131 RCW to read as follows:
The game fish mitigation program created in sections 1 through 4 of this act shall be terminated on June 30, 1994, as provided in section 6 of this act.
NEW SECTION. Sec. 6. A new section is added to chapter 43.131 RCW to read as follows:
The following acts, or parts of acts, as now existing or hereafter amended, are each repealed, effective June 30, 1995:
(1) RCW 77.--.--- and 1991 c ... s ... (section 1 of this act);
(2) RCW 77.--.--- and 1991 c ... s ... (section 2 of this act);
(3) RCW 77.--.--- and 1991 c ... s ... (section 3 of this act); and
(4) RCW 77.--.--- and 1991 c ... s ... (section 4 of this act).