The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "Commission" means the Washington state dairy products commission.
(2) "Current level of assessment" means the level of assessment paid by the producer as set by the commission which cannot exceed the maximum authorized assessment rate.
(3) "Dealer" means a person doing business in the state of Washington who handles, ships, buys, and sells dairy products, or who acts as sales or purchasing agent, broker, or factor of dairy products.
(4) "Handler" means a person doing business in the state of Washington who purchases milk, cream, or skimmed milk for processing, manufacturing, sale, or distribution.
(5) "Mail" or "send" for purposes of any notice relating to rule making, referenda, or elections means regular mail or electronic distribution, as provided in RCW 34.05.260
for rule making. "Electronic distribution" or "electronically" means distribution by electronic mail or facsimile mail.
(6) "Maximum authorized assessment rate" means the level of assessment most recently approved by a referendum of producers.
(7) "Person" means an individual, firm, corporation, limited liability company, trust, association, partnership, society, or any other organization of individuals, or any unit or agency of local, state, or federal government.
(8) "Processor" means a person doing business in the state of Washington who uses milk or cream for canning, drying, manufacturing, preparing, or packaging or for use in producing or manufacturing any product therefrom.
(9) "Producer" means a person doing business in the state of Washington who produces milk from cows and sells it for human or animal food, or medicinal or industrial uses.
(10) "Ship" means to deliver or consign milk or cream to a person dealing in, processing, distributing, or manufacturing dairy products for sale, for human consumption, or industrial or medicinal uses.