(1) The commission shall prepare a list of all producers of wheat and a list of all producers of barley, which must include for each producer his or her name and address and the amount, by unit, of wheat or barley produced during the past three years.
(2) The commission shall prepare a list of all persons who handle wheat and all persons who handle barley, which must include for each handler his or her name and address and the amount, by unit, of wheat or barley handled during the past three years.
(3) It is the responsibility of each producer or handler to ensure that his or her correct address is filed with the commodity commission and to submit production data and handling data to the commission as prescribed in this chapter.
(4) Any qualified person may, at any time, have his or her name placed upon any list for which he or she qualifies by delivering or mailing the information to the commission. The lists must be corrected and brought up-to-date in accordance with evidence and information provided to the commission.
(5) For all purposes of giving notice, conducting advisory votes, and holding referenda, the applicable list corrected up to the day preceding the date the list is certified by the commission is the list of all affected producers entitled to notice or to vote. Inadvertent failure to notify an affected producer does not invalidate a proceeding conducted under this chapter.
(6) At the director's request when conducting a referendum for the commission, the commission shall provide the director a certified list of affected producers from the commission records. The list must include all information required by the director to conduct a referendum under this chapter, must be used to determine assent as provided in this chapter, and must be kept in the rule-making file by the director.