The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "Department" means the Washington state department of agriculture.
(2) "Grower" means any person licensed to grow industrial hemp under this chapter.
(3) "Industrial hemp" means all parts and varieties of the genera Cannabis, cultivated or possessed by a grower, whether growing or not, that contain a THC concentration of 0.3 percent or less by dry weight. Industrial hemp does not include plants of the genera Cannabis that meet the definition of "marijuana" as defined in RCW 69.50.101
(4) "Industrial hemp research program" means an agricultural pilot program to study the growth, cultivation, or marketing of industrial hemp supervised by the department.
(5) "Person" means any natural person, firm, partnership, association, private or public corporation, government entity, or other business entity.
(6) "THC concentration" means the percent of total tetrahydrocannabinol, which is the combined percent of delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol and tetrahydrocannabinolic acid in any part of the genera Cannabis.