(1) "Benefits" means periodic retirement payments or a withdrawal of accumulated contributions.
(2) "Disposable benefits" means that part of the benefits of an individual remaining after the deduction from those benefits of any amount required by law to be withheld. The term "required by law to be withheld" does not include any deduction elective to the member.
(3) "Dissolution order" means any judgment, decree, or order of spousal maintenance, property division, or court-approved property settlement incident to a decree of divorce, dissolution, invalidity, or legal separation issued by the superior court of the state of Washington or a judgment, decree, or other order of spousal support issued by a court of competent jurisdiction in another state or country, that has been registered or otherwise made enforceable in this state.
(4) "Mandatory benefits assignment order" means an order issued to the department of retirement systems pursuant to RCW 41.50.570
to withhold and deliver benefits payable to an obligor under chapter 2.10
, 2.12, 41.26, 41.32, 41.40, 41.35, 41.37, or 43.43
(5) "Obligee" means an ex spouse or spouse to whom a duty of spousal maintenance or property division obligation is owed.
(6) "Obligor" means the spouse or ex spouse owing a duty of spousal maintenance or a property division obligation.
(7) "Periodic retirement payments" means periodic payments of retirement allowances, including but not limited to service retirement allowances, disability retirement allowances, and survivors' allowances. The term does not include a withdrawal of accumulated contributions.
(8) "Property division obligation" means any outstanding court-ordered property division or court-approved property settlement obligation incident to a decree of divorce, dissolution, or legal separation.
(9) "Standard allowance" means a benefit payment option selected under RCW 2.10.146
, or 41.35.220
that ceases upon the death of the retiree. Standard allowance also means the benefit allowance provided under RCW 2.10.110
(1)(a), or chapter 2.12
RCW. Standard allowance also means the maximum retirement allowance available under RCW 41.32.530
(1) following member withdrawal of accumulated contributions, if any.
(10) "Withdrawal of accumulated contributions" means a lump sum payment to a retirement system member of all or a part of the member's accumulated contributions, including accrued interest, at the request of the member including any lump sum amount paid upon the death of the member.