(1) Subject to the limitation provided in subsection (3) of this section, the comprehensive pool policy offered under RCW 48.41.110
(4) shall impose a deductible as provided in this subsection. Deductibles of five hundred dollars and one thousand dollars on a per person per calendar year basis shall initially be offered. The board may authorize deductibles in other amounts. The deductible shall be applied to the first five hundred dollars, one thousand dollars, or other authorized amount of eligible expenses incurred by the covered person.
(2) Subject to the limitations provided in subsection (3) of this section, a mandatory coinsurance requirement shall be imposed at a rate not to exceed twenty percent of eligible expenses in excess of the mandatory deductible and which supports the efficient delivery of high quality health care services for the medical conditions of pool enrollees.
(3) The maximum aggregate out-of-pocket payments for eligible expenses by the insured in the form of deductibles and coinsurance under the comprehensive pool policy offered under RCW 48.41.110
(4) shall not exceed in a calendar year:
(a) One thousand five hundred dollars per individual, or three thousand dollars per family, per calendar year for the five hundred dollar deductible policy;
(b) Two thousand five hundred dollars per individual, or five thousand dollars per family per calendar year for the one thousand dollar deductible policy; or
(c) An amount authorized by the board for any other deductible policy.
(4) Except for those enrolled in a high deductible health plan qualified under federal law for use with a health savings account, eligible expenses incurred by a covered person in the last three months of a calendar year, and applied toward a deductible, shall also be applied toward the deductible amount in the next calendar year.
(5) The board may modify cost-sharing as an incentive for enrollees to participate in care management services and other cost-effective programs and policies.