The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "Administrator" means the person who is responsible for the administration of the service contracts or the service contracts plan.
(2) "Commissioner" means the insurance commissioner of this state.
(3) "Consumer" means an individual who buys any tangible personal property that is primarily for personal, family, or household use.
(4) "Home heating fuel service contract" means a contract or agreement for a separately stated consideration for a specific duration to perform the repair, replacement, or maintenance of a customer-owned home heating fuel supply system including the fuel tank and all visible pipes, caps, lines, and associated parts or the indemnification for repair, replacement, or maintenance for operational or structural failure due to a defect in materials or workmanship, or normal wear and tear.
(5) "Person" means an individual, partnership, corporation, incorporated or unincorporated association, joint stock company, reciprocal insurer, syndicate, or any similar entity or combination of entities acting in concert.
(6) "Premium" means the consideration paid to an insurer for a reimbursement insurance policy.
(7) "Provider fee" means the consideration paid by a consumer for a home heating fuel service contract.
(8) "Reimbursement insurance policy" means a policy of insurance that is issued to a service contract provider to provide reimbursement to the service contract provider or to pay on behalf of the service contract provider all contractual obligations incurred by the service contract provider under the terms of the insured service contracts issued or sold by the service contract provider.
(9) "Home heating fuel service contract holder" or "contract holder" means a person who is the purchaser or holder of a home heating fuel service contract.
(10) "Home heating fuel service contract provider" or "contract provider" means a person who is providing home heating fuel delivery services to the customer and is contractually obligated to the home heating fuel service contract holder under the terms of the service contract.
(11) "Home heating fuel service contract seller" means the person who sells the home heating fuel service contract to the consumer.
(12) "Warranty" means a warranty made solely by the manufacturer, importer, or seller of property or services without consideration; that is not negotiated or separated from the sale of the product and is incidental to the sale of the product; and that guarantees indemnity for defective parts, mechanical or electrical breakdown, labor, or other remedial measures, such as repair or replacement of the property or repetition of services.