The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "Administrator" means a person, other than an insurer or creditor that performs administrative or operational functions pursuant to guaranteed asset protection waiver programs.
(2) "Borrower" means a debtor, retail buyer, or lessee, under a finance agreement, or a person who receives a loan or enters into a retail installment contract to purchase or lease a motor vehicle or vessel under chapter 63.14
(3) "Creditor" means:
(a) The lender in a loan or credit transaction;
(b) The lessor in a lease transaction;
(c) Any retail seller of motor vehicles that provides credit to retail buyers of motor vehicles provided the seller complies with this chapter;
(d) The seller in commercial retail installment transactions; or
(e) The assignees of any creditor under this subsection to whom the credit obligation is payable.
(4) "Finance agreement" means a loan, lease, or retail installment sales contract for the purchase or lease of a motor vehicle.
(5) "Free look period" means the period of time from the effective date of the waiver until the date the borrower may cancel the waiver without penalty, fees, or costs to the borrower. This period of time must not be shorter than thirty days.
(6) "Guaranteed asset protection waiver" or "waiver" means a contractual agreement wherein a creditor agrees for a separate charge to cancel or waive all or part of amounts due that creditor on a borrower's finance agreement with that creditor in the event of a total physical damage loss or unrecovered theft of the motor vehicle, which agreement must be part of, or a separate addendum to, the finance agreement.
(7) "Insurer" means an insurance company licensed, registered, or otherwise authorized to do business under the insurance laws of this state.
(8) "Motor vehicle" means self-propelled or towed vehicles designed for personal or commercial use, including but not limited to automobiles, trucks, motorcycles, recreational vehicles, all-terrain vehicles, snowmobiles, campers, boats, personal watercraft, and motorcycle, boat, camper, and personal watercraft trailers.
(9) "Motor vehicle dealer" has the same meaning as "vehicle dealer" in RCW 46.70.011
(10) "Person" includes an individual, company, association, organization, partnership, business trust, corporation, and every form of legal entity.
(11) "Retail buyer" means a person who buys or agrees to buy a motor vehicle or obtain motor vehicle services or agrees to have motor vehicle services rendered or furnished from a retail seller.
(12) "Retail seller" means a person engaged in the business of selling motor vehicles or motor vehicle services to retail buyers.
(13) "Unregistered marketers" means persons who offer for sale and sell guaranteed asset protection waivers who are not registered under this chapter and who are not otherwise exempt under this chapter.