(1) Guaranteed asset protection waiver agreements may be cancellable or noncancellable after the free look period. Waivers must provide that if a borrower cancels a waiver within the free look period, the borrower will be entitled to a full refund of the purchase price, so long as no benefits have been provided; or in the event benefits have been provided, the borrower may receive a full or partial refund pursuant to the terms of the waiver.
(2) In the event of a borrower's cancellation of the waiver or early termination of the finance agreement, after the agreement has been in effect beyond the free look period, the borrower may be entitled to a refund of any unearned portion of the purchase price of the waiver unless the waiver provides otherwise. In order to receive a refund, the borrower, in accordance with any applicable terms of the waiver, must provide a written request to the creditor, administrator, or other party, within ninety days of the event terminating the finance agreement.
(3) If the cancellation of a waiver occurs as a result of a default under the finance agreement or the repossession of the motor vehicle associated with the finance agreement, any refund due may be paid directly to the creditor or administrator and applied as set forth in subsection (4) of this section.
(4) Any cancellation refund under this section may be applied by the creditor as a reduction of the overall amount owed under the finance agreement, if the cost of the guaranteed asset protection waiver was included in the financing of the motor vehicle or vessel.
(5) Disclosure of how the refund may be applied by the creditor or administrator must be made in accordance with the provisions of RCW 48.160.050