(1) All direct sellers must be licensed annually by the department. Licenses expire on December 31st following issuance except that licenses issued during 2014 will not expire until December 31, 2015.
(2) Applications for new and renewal licenses must be submitted on the form provided by the department, and must include:
(a) A completed application form;
(b) The physical address of the business premises within the state of Washington of the direct seller where required records will be maintained;
(c) A current list of all leased, rented or owned vehicles, other than vehicles that are rented for less than forty-five days, intended for use within Washington state by the direct seller to deliver food; and
(d) An annual license fee of five thousand four hundred dollars.
(3) The department will not refund license fees after receipt of a direct seller license or renewal license application.
(4) Prior to licensing, the department may inspect the vehicles and food handling areas of the direct seller to determine them to be in compliance with the requirements of chapter 69.04
RCW and this rule.
(5) Until a license is issued by the department, direct sellers must comply with all applicable permitting requirements contained in food service establishment rules adopted by the state board of health and any local health jurisdiction.
(6) To obtain an application for a direct seller license, contact the department at:
Washington State Department of Agriculture
Food Safety Consumer Services Division
P.O. Box 42560
Olympia, WA 98504-2560
Web site: http://agr.wa.gov.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 69.04.345
and chapter 34.05
RCW. WSR 14-23-053, § 16-130-030, filed 11/17/14, effective 12/18/14.]