The general rules for seed certification are basic and together with the following specific requirements constitute the rules for certification identity of mixtures of different kinds of turf certified seed:
(1) A blend data sheet, including proof of certification, verifying the origin and the certifying agency along with the analysis and pounds of each lot must be submitted to the certifying agency for approval.
(2) Each lot of certified seed shall:
(a) Meet standards acceptable to the certifying agency.
(b) Be sampled under supervision of the certifying agency prior to mixing. The sample shall be obtained in accordance with official sampling procedures. The sample shall be identified with:
(i) The verification of certification, origin, and certifying agency;
(ii) The kind/variety;
(iii) The analysis and size of lot.
(3) The certifying agency reserves the right to:
(a) Refuse permission to use individual lots;
(b) Approve the equipment to be used and procedure to follow in mixing;
(c) Approve the containers and labeling to be used; and
(d) Sample the final mixture.
(4) The certifying agency will identify each container with an official certification label verifying that the individual lots used were certified seed lots.
(5) For a mixture to be labeled sod quality each component shall meet sod quality standards in WAC 16-302-410
(6) Fees for turf seed mixing shall be the same as the current blend fee. Refer to chapter 16-303
WAC for appropriate fees.
[Statutory Authority: Chapters 15.49
RCW. WSR 02-12-060, § 16-302-142, filed 5/30/02, effective 6/30/02.]