Land requirements for the production of alfalfa seed crop are as follows:
(1) Prior to stand establishment an alfalfa seed crop of the same kind must not have been grown or planted on the land for four years for the production of foundation or registered class or one year for the production of certified class; except two years must elapse between the destruction of dissimilar varieties, which are varieties that differ by more than four or more points on a dormancy rating scale as reported by the National Alfalfa Variety Review board.
(2) Reseeding of an alfalfa seed field due to failure or partial failure of the first seeding may be done by referring to the guidelines in WAC 16-302-045
(3) Ditchbanks, roadways, etc. adjacent to a certified alfalfa seed field must be free of volunteer alfalfa and prohibited noxious weeds.
(4) Volunteer alfalfa plants in the alfalfa seed field may be cause for rejection or reclassification of a seed field.
(5) No manure or other contaminating materials may be applied during the establishment and production period of the alfalfa seed stand.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 15.49.310
and chapter 34.05
RCW. WSR 06-15-138, § 16-302-225, filed 7/19/06, effective 8/19/06. Statutory Authority: RCW 15.49.005
(3) and chapter 17.24
RCW. WSR 00-24-077, § 16-302-225, filed 12/4/00, effective 1/4/01.]