(1) Field tolerances and requirements for the production of a bean seed crop are as follows:
Percent of other varieties or off-type plants
Percent of other crops (a)
Percent of total seed-borne diseases (b)
Except as noted in subsection (6) of this section.
See subsection (7) of this section.
(2) Snap and kidney beans must be isolated by 1320 feet from known bacterial blight.
(3) The following requirements apply to bean seed certification:
(a) Pintos, red Mexicans, pinks, great northern, small whites, navy beans, and black turtle beans may be grown for an unlimited number of generations under rill or sprinkler irrigation.
(b) Kidney beans, cranberry types, Taylor horticultural types, and Borlotto types may be grown for an unlimited number of generations under rill irrigation or for one generation under rill irrigation and, subsequently, for two generations under sprinkler irrigation. The fourth and unlimited subsequent generations may be grown and inspected with the same alternation of irrigation types.
(4) Bean fields must be rogued of weeds, off-type plants, volunteer plants, and plants showing symptoms of seed-borne diseases. Excessive nightshade shall be a cause for rejection.
(5) For a bean field to be eligible for certification it must be clean and have boundaries that are clearly defined and a minimum of 36" which is adequate to prevent mechanical contamination.
(6) Excessive weeds, poor stands, lack of vigor, or any other condition which is apt to make inspection inaccurate may be cause for rejection of a bean field.
(7) Bean fields, including those planted with a dominant I-gene cultivar, must be in compliance with WAC 16-301-365
[Statutory Authority: RCW 15.49.005
(3), and chapter 34.05
RCW. WSR 14-20-050, § 16-302-260, filed 9/25/14, effective 10/26/14. Statutory Authority: Chapters 15.49
RCW. WSR 02-12-060, § 16-302-260, filed 5/30/02, effective 6/30/02. Statutory Authority: RCW 15.49.005
(3) and chapter 17.24
RCW. WSR 00-24-077, § 16-302-260, filed 12/4/00, effective 1/4/01.]