Land requirements and field standards for woody plants, forbs, and other reclamation species.
(1) The life of a stand shall be unlimited as long as seventy-five percent of the plants present in the stand are those that were planted originally.
(2) To be eligible for the production of certified class of seed, a field must not have grown or been seeded to the same species during the previous four years for foundation, three years for registered, and two years for certified.
(3) A seed field inspection must be made the year of establishment and at least once each year that seed is to be harvested. This inspection will be made at a time when plant development allows for the detection of factors such as off-type varieties and weed contamination.
(4) Isolation for seed production the minimum distance from a different variety or wild hybridizing populations are as follows:
Minimum of isolation-feet:
Fields of 2 acres or less
Fields of more than 2 acres
Foundation & registered
Volunteer plants may be cause for rejection or reclassification of a seed field.
(5) Specific field tolerances:
Maximum ratio of heads or plants
Other varieties & off type
(Inseparable other species)
Prohibited noxious weeds
[Statutory Authority: RCW 15.120.030
, and chapter 34.05
RCW. WSR 17-08-090, § 16-302-465, filed 4/5/17, effective 5/6/17. Statutory Authority: RCW 15.49.005
(3), and chapter 34.05
RCW. WSR 14-20-050, § 16-302-465, filed 9/25/14, effective 10/26/14. Statutory Authority: RCW 15.49.005
(3) and chapter 17.24
RCW. WSR 00-24-077, § 16-302-465, filed 12/4/00, effective 1/4/01.]