(1) The general seed certification definitions and standards in this chapter are basic and together with WAC 16-302-845
constitute the standards for industrial hemp seed certification.
(2) Fees for seed certification are assessed as established in chapter 16-303
(3) All growers of industrial hemp certified seed crops are required to be licensed under the department's industrial hemp licensing rules adopted under chapter 15.120
(4) Only varieties of industrial hemp approved by the department shall be eligible for certification. An approved variety must be a variety recognized by an international organization recognized by the department, such as the association of official seed certifying agencies or the organization for economic cooperation and development (OECD) seed scheme.
(5) The allowable area of an industrial hemp seed crop area or seed production field may be determined and limited by the department under the terms of rules adopted under chapter 15.120
(6) All industrial hemp fields established for seed certification shall be planted with thirty-inch row spacing to facilitate inspection, roguing, and harvesting.
(7) Growers must post signage approved by the department on at least four sides, including the main entry point of each authorized field.
(8) Growers are required to obtain tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) test results as required by rules adopted under chapter 15.120