(1) All registered grapevines must be identified by the number assigned to the single grapevine source in the foundation block from which they were taken.
(2) With the exception of practices allowed in subsections (3), (4), and (5) of this section, registered plants must be propagated directly from cuttings taken from a G1 grapevine.
(3) Plants propagated from a G1 grapevine and grown entirely under laboratory or greenhouse conditions may serve as a source of softwood cuttings or shoot tip culture used to establish a registered block of G2 grapevines.
(4) G3 registered grapevines may be propagated from G2 registered grapevines within the same registered block for the purpose of increasing the size of the block or for replacement grapevines.
(5) Participating nurseries must obtain written permission from the department to propagate G3 grapevines from G2 grapevines for the purpose of establishing or increasing other registered blocks within the nursery if the following conditions are complied with:
(a) The mother vines were G2 grapevines;
(b) Propagation occurs in a laboratory or insect proof greenhouse by tissue culture or softwood cuttings; and
(c) The mother vine is no more than two years old, or the department has determined the mother vine is free of regulated viruses.
(6) Prior to planting a registered block, the growing area and its contiguous borders of not less than ten feet must be tested for the presence of the nematodes of the genus Xiphenema, which can be virus vectors. If a Xiphenema nematode is detected, the growing area must be fumigated in accordance with rates and practices recommended by Washington State University. This treatment must be carried out under the supervision of the department.
(7) Registered blocks must be located at least one hundred feet from noncertified or nonregistered grapevines. This does not apply to registered stock grown in a fully enclosed greenhouse, screenhouse or laboratory, providing the facility does not contain noncertified grapevines.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 15.14.015
and chapter 34.05
RCW. WSR 14-21-035, § 16-462-021, filed 10/7/14, effective 11/7/14. Statutory Authority: Chapters 15.14
RCW. WSR 11-01-092, § 16-462-021, filed 12/15/10, effective 1/15/11; WSR 06-19-009, § 16-462-021, filed 9/8/06, effective 10/9/06. Statutory Authority: Chapter 15.14
RCW. WSR 02-11-100, § 16-462-021, filed 5/20/02, effective 6/20/02; WSR 99-12-025, § 16-462-021, filed 5/25/99, effective 6/25/99.]