(1) Certified planting stock, including all components of budded or grafted plants, must be propagated from cuttings taken from G1, G2, or G3 grapevines.
(2) Cuttings from registered blocks must be sorted and kept separate by variety and selection number or clone.
(3) Treatment to control nematodes and other soil-borne pests may be required at any time by the department.
(4) All certified planting stock other than greenhouse grown plants must comply with the grades and standards for Washington certified grape planting stock as listed in WAC 16-462-055
(5) Certified stock must be separated from noncertified grapevines by one of the following distances. This requirement does not apply to certified stock grown in a fully enclosed greenhouse, screenhouse or laboratory, providing the facility does not contain noncertified grapevines.
(a) Ten feet for any land treated to control nematodes; or
(b) Twenty feet for land not specifically treated to control nematodes.
(6) Certification is based solely on compliance with the requirements prescribed in WAC 16-462-050
and other requirements of this chapter.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 15.14.015
and chapter 34.05
RCW. WSR 14-21-035, § 16-462-022, filed 10/7/14, effective 11/7/14. Statutory Authority: Chapters 15.14
RCW. WSR 11-01-092, § 16-462-022, filed 12/15/10, effective 1/15/11. Statutory Authority: Chapter 15.14
RCW. WSR 02-11-100, § 16-462-022, filed 5/20/02, effective 6/20/02; WSR 99-12-025, § 16-462-022, filed 5/25/99, effective 6/25/99.]