(1) No fee shall be charged for the inspection of public records.
(2) Pursuant to RCW 42.56.120
(2), the commission declares for the following reasons that it would be unduly burdensome for it to calculate the actual costs it charges for providing copies of public records:
(a) Funds were not allocated for performing a study to calculate actual costs and the commission lacks the necessary funds to perform a study and calculations;
(b) Staff resources are insufficient to perform a study and to calculate such actual costs; and
(c) A study would interfere with and disrupt other essential agency functions.
(3) The commission may charge fees for production of copies of public records consistent with the fee schedule established in RCW 42.56.120
(4) For all copying or duplicating service charges incurred, an invoice will be sent to the requestor. Reimbursement is payable within fifteen days of receipt of invoice payable to the Washington tree fruit research commission. The commission may require that all charges be paid in advance of release of the copies of the records.
(5) The commission or its designee may waive the fee when the expenses of processing payment exceeds the costs of providing copies.
[Statutory Authority: Chapters 42.56
RCW. WSR 20-03-036, § 16-560-100, filed 1/8/20, effective 2/8/20.]