In order to adequately protect the commission's public records, the following will apply:
(1) Public records made available for inspection may not be removed from the area the commission makes available for inspection. The commission has the discretion to designate the means and the location for the inspection of records.
(2) Inspection of any public record will be conducted in the presence of a designated commission employee.
(3) Public records may not be marked or altered in any manner during inspection.
(4) After inspection is complete, the public records officer or designee will make requested copies or arrange for copying.
(5) Public records that are maintained in a file or jacket, or in chronological order, may not be dismantled except by a designated commission employee for purposes of copying.
(6) Whenever a public records request involves an entire file, a group of records, or a large number of records, the commission is allowed a reasonable time to review the records to determine whether information is exempt from disclosure under chapter 42.56
RCW or other law.
[Statutory Authority: Chapters 42.56
RCW. WSR 20-03-036, § 16-560-110, filed 1/8/20, effective 2/8/20.]