(1) An applicant whose application is not selected by the director may request a review of the director's decision within ten calendar days after the decision has been mailed to the applicant. The request for review must:
(a) Specify the date of the decision or action being reviewed;
(b) Explain as precisely as possible the issue or error to be resolved by the review;
(c) Include the address of the applicant; and
(d) Be signed by the applicant.
(2) Reviews of unsuccessful applications will follow an informal process conducted by the director or director's designee based on the following criteria:
(a) Was there a factual or numerical error in scoring the application?
(b) Were the selection criteria as listed in WAC 16-731-070
(2)(a) erroneously applied?
(3) The review will be completed within fifteen days after receipt of the review request.
(4) Once the review is completed, the department has five working days to inform the applicant of the review decision.
(5) The rights of the department provided in this section are exclusive and are in addition to any other rights and remedies provided by law.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 15.04.402
, 2007 c 520, and chapter 34.05
RCW. WSR 08-19-061, § 16-731-080, filed 9/15/08, effective 10/16/08.]