(1) Individuals who hold paraeducator certificates have the following options for renewal:
(a) For the subject matter certificates described in chapters 179-13
WAC, candidates must complete twenty continuing education credit hours during the validity period of the certificate.
(b) For the advanced paraeducator certificate described in chapter 179-17
WAC, candidates must complete thirty continuing education credit hours during the validity period of the certificate.
(2) Application for renewal shall not be submitted earlier than twelve months prior to the expiration date of the current renewal.
(3) Expired certificates may be renewed with completion of required continuing education credit hours as stated in subsection (1) of this section within the previous five years from the date of the renewal application.
(4) An expired certificate may be renewed for an additional five-year period by presenting evidence to the superintendent of public instruction of completing the continuing education credit hour requirement within the five years prior to the date of the renewal application.
(5) Individuals who hold a certificate as described in Title 181 WAC may renew a paraeducator certificate, with the exception of:
(a) Undated residency certificates; and
(6) For educators holding multiple certificates in this title, continuing education credit hours completed to renew one certificate may be used towards meeting the renewal requirements for all paraeducator certificates held by an individual.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 28A.413
RCW. WSR 19-05-028, § 179-05-030, filed 2/12/19, effective 3/15/19.]