(1) Medicaid personal care (MPC) is a state-plan benefit available to a client who is determined:
(b) Financially eligible for a noninstitutional categorically needy (CN) or alternative benefits plan (ABP) Washington apple health (medicaid) program.
(2) MPC services may be provided to a client residing at home, in a department-contracted adult family home (AFH), or in a licensed assisted living facility that is contracted with the department to provide adult residential care services.
(3) A client who resides in an alternate living facility (ALF) listed in subsection (2) of this section:
(a) Keeps a personal needs allowance (PNA) under WAC 182-513-1105
(b) Pays room and board up to the room and board standard under WAC 182-513-1105
, unless CN eligibility is determined using rules under WAC 182-513-1205
(4) A client who receives MPC services under the health care for workers with disabilities (HWD) program under chapter 182-511
WAC must pay the HWD premium in addition to room and board under WAC 182-513-1105
, if residing in an ALF.
(5) A client may have to pay third-party resources as defined under WAC 182-513-1100
in addition to room and board.
(6) Current PNA and room and board standards are found at www.hca.wa.gov/free-or-low-cost-health-care/program-administration/program-standard-income-and-resources.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 41.05.021
, 2017 c 270. WSR 17-23-039, § 182-513-1225, filed 11/8/17, effective 1/1/18. Statutory Authority: RCW 41.05.021
, P.L. 111-148, 42 C.F.R. §§ 431, 435, and 457, and 45 C.F.R. § 155. WSR 17-03-116, § 182-513-1225, filed 1/17/17, effective 2/17/17.]