(1) This section provides an overview of the income and resource eligibility rules for a person who lives in an institutional setting.
(2) To determine income eligibility for an SSI-related long-term care (LTC) applicant under the categorically needy (CN) program, the agency or its designee:
(c) Compares remaining available income to the special income level (SIL) defined under WAC 182-513-1100
. A person's available income must be equal to or less than the SIL to be eligible for CN coverage.
(3) To determine income eligibility for an SSI-related LTC client under the medically needy (MN) program, the agency or its designee follows the income standards and eligibility rules under WAC 182-513-1395
(4) To be resource eligible under the SSI-related LTC CN or MN program, the person must:
(a) Meet the resource eligibility requirements under WAC 182-513-1350
(b) Not have a penalty period of ineligibility due to a transfer of assets under WAC 182-513-1363
(c) Disclose to the state any interest the person or the person's spouse has in an annuity, which must meet the annuity requirements under chapter 182-516
(5) A resident of eastern or western state hospital is eligible for medicaid if the person:
(a) Has attained institutional status under WAC 182-513-1320
(b) Is under age twenty-one; or
(c) Applies for or receives inpatient psychiatric treatment in the month of the person's twenty-first birthday that will likely continue through the person's twenty-first birthday, and can receive coverage until:
(i) The facility discharges the person; or
(ii) The end of the month in which the person turns age twenty-two, whichever occurs first; or
(d) Is at least age sixty-five.
(6) To determine long-term care CN or MN income eligibility for a person eligible under a MAGI-based program, the agency or its designee follows the rules under chapter 182-514
(7) There is no asset test for MAGI-based LTC programs under WAC 182-514-0245
(8) The agency or its designee determines a person's total responsibility to pay toward the cost of care for LTC services as follows:
(a) For an SSI-related person residing in a medical institution, see WAC 182-513-1380
(b) For an SSI-related person on a home and community based waiver, see chapter 182-515
[Statutory Authority: RCW 41.05.021
, P.L. 111-148, 42 C.F.R. §§ 431, 435, and 457, and 45 C.F.R. § 155. WSR 17-03-116, § 182-513-1317, filed 1/17/17, effective 2/17/17.]