(1) To qualify for an employer's approved voluntary plan, an employee must have been:
(a) In employment for at least eight hundred twenty hours during the qualifying period and in employment with that employer for at least three hundred forty hours; or
(b) Covered by an approved voluntary plan through their most recent previous employer in the employee's qualifying period.
(2) An employer may waive the requirements of subsection (1) of this section, in whole or in part, to allow an employee to be eligible for benefits through the voluntary plan.
(3) Employees working for an employer with a voluntary plan who have not yet met eligibility requirements for that plan are eligible for benefits under the state plan so long as all other requirements are met.
(4) When an employee files a claim for benefits, an employer will access the employee's weekly benefit amount and typical workweek hours information online, or in another format approved by the department, and ensure the employee qualifies for at least an equivalent benefit amount from its voluntary plan.
(5) Upon hiring an employee previously covered under a state plan, the employer with an existing voluntary plan must report to the department online, or in another format approved by the department, the new employee's status for the voluntary plan after the employee becomes eligible for that plan.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 50A.04.215
. WSR 19-23-090, § 192-530-030, filed 11/19/19, effective 12/20/19; WSR 18-12-032, § 192-530-030, filed 5/29/18, effective 6/29/18.]