If a respondent requests an adjudicative proceeding to contest the action, that party shall appear at all stages of the proceeding except as otherwise provided in this section.
(1) If the respondent is represented as provided in this chapter, the respondent shall appear personally at the hearing and at any scheduled settlement conference but need not appear at the prehearing conference or at presentation of motions.
(2) Parties may be represented by counsel at all proceedings.
(3) The respondent may appear by telephone at any portion of the proceedings conducted by telephone, in the discretion of the presiding officer following reasonable advance notice to the presiding officer and to the opposing party.
(4) The requirement of personal appearance may be waived for good cause at the discretion of the presiding officer.
(5) Failure to appear as provided in this chapter is grounds for taking action by default.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.70.040
, and 34.05.413
. WSR 18-18-049, § 246-10-104, filed 8/29/18, effective 9/29/18. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.70.040
. WSR 93-13-005 (Order 369), § 246-10-104, filed 6/3/93, effective 7/4/93.]