(1) If a party fails to respond to initiating documents according to WAC 246-10-203
, that party will be deemed to have waived the right to a hearing, and the secretary shall enter a final order without further contact with that party.
(2) If a party requests an adjudicative proceeding but fails to appear, without leave to do so, at a scheduled prehearing conference, the presiding officer may issue an order of default. The order must include notice of opportunity to request that the default order be vacated pursuant to RCW 34.05.440
(3). Unless vacated, a default order under this subsection shall be grounds for the presiding officer to proceed to decide the matter in the absence of the respondent and without additional notice to the respondent and to issue an initial order.
(3) If a party requests an adjudicative proceeding but fails to appear at the hearing, the presiding officer may issue an order of default in the same manner as subsection (2) of this section, or may proceed to hear the matter in the absence of the party and issue an initial order.
(4) Initial and final orders entered under this section shall meet the requirements of WAC 246-10-702
and shall contain:
(a) Findings of fact and conclusions of law based upon prima facie proof of the allegations contained in the initiating documents;
(b) Proof of service of or a good faith attempt to serve initiating documents and appropriate notices;
(c) A finding that there is no reason to believe that the party in default is in active military service;
(d) The penalties or conditions imposed by the order; and
(e) Notice of the opportunity to request:
(i) Reconsideration of a final order pursuant to RCW 34.05.470
(ii) Administrative review of an initial order pursuant to RCW 34.05.464
(5) Initial and final default orders entered under this section shall be served upon the parties in accordance with WAC 246-10-109
(6) Notwithstanding subsections (1) through (5) of this section, if a party fails to respond to an initiating document issued consistent with the requirements of RCW 43.70.095
, the initiating document shall become a final order upon its effective date unless the initiating document otherwise provides.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.70.040
, and 34.05.413
. WSR 18-18-049, § 246-10-204, filed 8/29/18, effective 9/29/18. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.130.050
. WSR 96-21-027, § 246-10-204, filed 10/7/96, effective 11/7/96. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.70.040
. WSR 94-04-079, § 246-10-204, filed 1/31/94, effective 3/3/94; WSR 93-13-005 (Order 369), § 246-10-204, filed 6/3/93, effective 7/4/93.]