(1) Except as specified in subsections (2) and (3) of this section, floor-mounted equipment that is not easily movable must be sealed to the floor or elevated on legs that provide at least a six inch (15 cm) clearance between the floor and the equipment.
(2) If no part of the floor under the floor-mounted equipment is more than six inches (15 cm) from the point of cleaning access, the clearance space may be only four inches (10 cm).
(3) This section does not apply to display shelving units, display refrigeration units, and display freezer units located in the consumer shopping areas of a retail food store, if the floor under the units is maintained clean.
(4) Except as specified in subsection (5) of this section, counter-mounted equipment that is not easily movable must be elevated on legs that provide at least a four inch (10 cm) clearance between the table and the equipment.
(5) The clearance space between the table and counter-mounted equipment may be:
(a) Three inches (7.5 cm) if the horizontal distance of the table top under the equipment is no more than 20 inches (50 cm) from the point of access for cleaning; or
(b) Two inches (5 cm) if the horizontal distance of the table top under the equipment is no more than three inches (7.5 cm) from the point of access for cleaning.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.20.050
. WSR 13-03-109, § 246-215-04410, filed 1/17/13, effective 5/1/13.]