Design, construction and installation—Handwashing facility, installation (2009 FDA Food Code 5-202.12).
(1) A handwashing sink must be equipped to provide water at a temperature of at least 100°F (38°C) through a mixing valve or combination faucet.
(2) A steam mixing valve may not be used at a handwashing sink.
(3) A self-closing, slow closing or metering faucet must provide a flow of water for at least fifteen seconds without the need to reactivate the faucet.
(4) An automatic handwashing facility must be installed in accordance with manufacturer's instructions.
(5) handwashing sinks in food establishments must be adequately sized to allow a food employee to wash both hands simultaneously.
(6) food employees
samples, such as food
demonstrators, may have handwashing sinks
that meet the temporary food establishment
requirements in WAC 246-215-09225
if not handling raw meat, fish
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.20.050
. WSR 13-03-109, § 246-215-05210, filed 1/17/13, effective 5/1/13.]