(1) The licensee may not permit an individual to act as a logging supervisor or logging assistant unless that person wears, at all times during the handling of licensed radioactive materials, a personnel dosimeter that is processed by an accredited National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP) processor. Each personnel dosimeter must be assigned to and worn by only one individual. The film badge must be exchanged and analyzed at least monthly and other personnel dosimeters exchanged and analyzed at least every three months. The licensee shall have each personnel dosimeter processed in a timely fashion.
(2) The licensee shall provide appropriate bioassay services to individuals using licensed materials for subsurface tracer studies.
(3) The licensee shall keep reports received from the accredited NVLAP personnel dosimeter processor and from the bioassay service laboratory for inspection until the department authorizes disposition or terminates the license.
(4) Personnel monitoring devices and equipment shall monitor for beta, gamma, and neutron radiation as appropriate.
(5) Each licensee shall adhere to the requirements of the department's Regulatory Guide 8.20 Bioassay Program Criteria for I-125 and I-131.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 70.98.050
. WSR 03-12-062, § 246-244-160, filed 6/2/03, effective 7/3/03. Statutory Authority: RCW 70.98.050
. WSR 91-15-112 (Order 184), § 246-244-160, filed 7/24/91, effective 8/24/91. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.70.040
. WSR 91-02-049 (Order 121), recodified as § 246-244-160, filed 12/27/90, effective 1/31/91. Statutory Authority: RCW 70.98.080
. WSR 87-01-031 (Order 2450), § 402-38-300, filed 12/11/86.]