(1) Radiation surveys shall be made and recorded for each area where radioactive materials are stored at intervals not to exceed six months. In those cases where neutron sources are involved, calculations for dose rate may be substituted for direct measurement.
(2) Radiation surveys shall be made and recorded for the radiation levels in occupied positions and on the exterior of each vehicle used to transport radioactive material. Such surveys shall include each and every source of radiation or combination of sources to be transported in the vehicle. In those cases where neutron sources are involved, calculations for dose rate may be substituted for direct measurement.
(3) After removal of the sealed source from the logging tool and before departing the job site, the logging tool detector shall be energized and/or a survey meter used to assure that the logging tool and all related equipment are free of contamination.
(4) Radiation surveys shall be made and recorded at the job site or well head for each tracer operation, except those using Hydrogen-3, Carbon-14, or Sulfur-35. Such surveys shall include measurements of radiation levels immediately before and after each operation.
(5) If the licensee suspects that, as a result of operations involving a sealed source, the encapsulation of the sealed source could have been damaged by the operation, it shall conduct a radiation survey, including a contamination survey, during and after the operation.
(6) The licensee shall make a radiation survey at the temporary job site for each subsurface tracer study. The survey must include measurement of radiation levels before and after the operation, and measurement of contamination levels after the subsurface tracer study.
(7) Records of surveys required pursuant to this section shall include the dates, the identification of individuals making the survey, the identification of survey instruments used including make, model, serial number and calibration date, and an exact description of the location of the survey with diagram. Records of these surveys shall be maintained for inspection by the department for at least two years after completion of the survey.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.70.040
. WSR 91-02-049 (Order 121), recodified as § 246-244-210, filed 12/27/90, effective 1/31/91. Statutory Authority: RCW 70.98.080
. WSR 87-01-031 (Order 2450), § 402-38-400, filed 12/11/86.]