(1) Owners of pool facilities that are not in operation shall prevent access to the facility by means of locked barriers.
(2) If a pool enclosure area has one pool open and another closed (e.g., seasonal pool, year-round spa), the owner shall ensure that the pool that is closed:
(a) Is posted with signage stating that the pool is closed; and
(b) Meets water clarity standards as outlined in Table 111.2 in WAC 246-260-111
(c) Is covered with a safety cover meeting ASTM standard F1346-91 and not allowing access to the pool.
(d) Does not create a nuisance or disease hazard.
(3) All pool covers must be completely removed during periods when the pool is open for use.
(4) If a pool that is closed develops an ice layer, the owner must install a safety cover meeting ASTM standard F1346-91 or the entire pool enclosure area must be closed.
(5) If a pool facility is not in operation for more than twelve months, the owner shall provide a safety cover over the pool meeting ASTM standard F1346-91 or the owner shall back fill the pool.
[Statutory Authority: Chapters 70.90
RCW. WSR 04-18-096, § 246-260-141, filed 9/1/04, effective 10/31/04.]