(1) The department or local health officer may enforce this chapter by one or more of the following actions:
(a) Conducting an informal administrative conference to explore facts and resolve problems, convened at the request of the department, local health officer, or owner;
(b) Issuing an order directing the WRF owner, operator, or the person responsible to cease violating this chapter or chapter 70.90
(c) Requiring the WRF owner or authorized representative to participate in training to improve basic skills for operating pools;
(d) Assessing a civil penalty of up to five hundred dollars per violation per day; and
(e) Denying, suspending, or revoking a WRF construction or operating permits.
(2) Orders authorized under this section may include, but are not limited to, requirements to:
(a) Take corrective measures, which may include a schedule; necessary to gain compliance with this chapter and chapter 70.90
(b) Stop work or refrain from using a WRF or any portion of a WRF and approvals required by statute or rules are obtained.
(3) An order issued under this section shall:
(a) Be in writing;
(b) Name the facility and the person or persons to whom the order is directed;
(c) Briefly describe each action or inaction constituting a violation of this chapter or chapter 70.90
(d) Specify any required corrective action, if applicable;
(e) Provide notice, as appropriate, that continued or repeated violation may subject the violator to the penalties specified in subsection (4) of this section.
(4) Continued or repeated violation of the provisions of this chapter or chapter 70.90
RCW may subject the violator to:
(a) Civil penalties of up to five hundred dollars;
(b) Denial, suspension or revocation of the facility's construction or operating permit; or
(c) Referral to the county prosecutor or attorney general's office.
(5) The department or local health officer may deny an application or reapplication for a WRF operating permit and may revoke or suspend a WRF operating permit of any person who:
(a) Previously had an operating permit suspended or revoked or had an operating permit application denied for reason;
(b) Failed or refused to comply with any provisions of this chapter, chapter 70.90
RCW, or any other statutory provision or rule regulating the WRF construction or operation; or
(c) Obtained or attempted to obtain an operating permit or any other required certificate of approval applicable to the WRF by fraudulent means or misrepresentation.
(6) The department or local health officer may summarily suspend a WRF operating permit, without a prior hearing, if the department or local health officer finds that the WRF presents an imminent hazard to public health or safety and incorporates a finding to that effect in an order.