(1) All prefabricated tank renewal registrations expire on December 31st of the third year of registration.
(2) All prefabricated tank renewal applications must be received by the department no later than October 31st of the year the registration expires.
(3) An applicant may apply for a prefabricated tank registration renewal with the department by submitting:
(a) A completed and signed renewal application in the format required by the department;
(b) A signed certification fully describing all changes that occurred over the last three years and verifying that none of the changes materially affect the integrity of the sewage tank or the sewage tank's performance; and
(c) Any applicable fee payment, which may include a late fee.
(4) As part of the prefabricated tank registration renewal process:
(a) The department shall consider data or comments on tank performance from local health officers, utilities, or other sewage tank users received by October 31st of the year the registration expires. These comments may include concerns about a variety of issues such as product function, product reliability, and problems arising with operation and maintenance;
(b) The department shall notify the manufacturer or agent of comments received; and
(c) The manufacturer shall respond to comments within thirty days of receipt.
(5) The department shall review the prefabricated tank renewal application and provide comments to the manufacturer within sixty days of receipt.
(6) Once reviewed, the department shall approve the renewal application except when:
(a) The department does not receive a completed renewal application by December 31st, the department shall remove the affected sewage tank model number, size, and other information from the registered list no earlier than sixty days after the expiration date.
(b) The manufacturer does not submit information in response to comments;
(c) The department determines the information provided by the manufacturer does not satisfactorily address comments; or
(d) Changes to the design and construction plans materially affect the integrity of the sewage tank, its performance, or differ substantially from the original approval.
(7) Sewage tank model and size removed from the sewage tank registered list are no longer eligible for:
(a) The registered list renewal process;
(b) Sale in Washington; and
(c) Installation in Washington.
(8) A manufacturer or agent who fails to renew a prefabricated tank registration according to the requirements of this section may reapply for registration following the registration requirements in WAC 246-272C-0120