The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) "Certified" means facilities that must be certified to participate in medicare or medicaid programs and meet physical environment minimum standards as required in the Code of Federal Regulations.
(2) "Change of approved use only" means a change in the function of a room that does not alter the physical elements.
(3) "Finishes" includes, but is not limited to, products such as carpet, vinyl wall covering, wall paper, exterior siding, landscaping, or paneling applied to an existing surface as the exposed surface.
(4) "Licensed" means facilities licensed from the state department of health (DOH) or state department of social and health services (DSHS) that must obtain approval from construction review services before licensure activity.
(5) "Permit" means a recommendation to the licensing or certifying authority from construction review services indicating that a facility meets the physical environment rules and the plan review process is complete.
(6) "Program" means the Washington state department of health, construction review services.
(7) "Project" means a change to a facility including new construction, replacement, alterations, additions, expansions, conversions, change of approved use, improvements, remodeling, renovating, and upgrading of the following types of facilities:
(a) "Ambulatory surgery center" defined as a facility that is required to be certified for participation in medicare or medicaid or ambulatory surgical facilities licensed under chapters 70.230
RCW and 246-330
(b) "Birthing centers" (formerly maternity homes) and "childbirth centers" licensed under chapters 18.46
RCW and 246-329
(c) "Assisted living facilities" licensed under chapters 18.20
RCW and 388-78A
(d) "Correctional facilities" as defined under RCW 43.70.130
(e) "Hospice care center" licensed under chapters 70.127
RCW and 246-335
(f) "Hospitals" licensed under chapters 70.41
RCW and 246-320
(g) "Nursing homes" licensed under chapters 18.51
RCW and 388-97
(h) "Private alcohol and chemical dependency hospitals" licensed under chapters 71.12
RCW and 246-324
(i) "Private psychiatric and alcoholism hospitals" licensed under chapters 71.12
RCW and 246-322
(j) "Residential treatment facilities" licensed under chapters 71.12
RCW and 246-337
(k) "Temporary worker housing" licensed under chapters 70.114A
RCW and 246-358
(8) "Project cost" means all costs directly associated with the project, initially estimated and corrected by certification to the date of completion of the project and including all fixed and installed clinical equipment in the project and contractor supervision, inspection, and overhead. This cost does not include:
(b) Architectural or engineering fees; and
(c) Land acquisition fees.
(9) "Project sponsor" means the person, persons or organization, planning and contracting for the design and construction of facilities, generally the owner or the owner's representative.
(10) "Technical assistance" means assistance provided by the program to facilities either at the program offices or at the project location including:
(a) Information on the laws, rules and compliance methods and technologies applicable to the regulations;
(b) Information on methods to avoid compliance problems;
(c) Assistance in applying for permits, licensure or certification;
(d) Information on the mission, goals, and objectives of the program; and
(e) Assistance to parties constructing projects not required to be licensed or certified and voluntarily wish to comply with rules or guidelines in the interest of safety or best practices.
(11) "Value of existing construction" means the value of an existing building or portion thereof at the time of project submission, based on the current market value of the structure as documented by the project sponsor, or, as determined by assigning a cost per square foot value.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.70.040
and 2012 c 10. WSR 14-08-046, § 246-314-010, filed 3/27/14, effective 4/27/14. Statutory Authority: Chapter 43.70
RCW. WSR 10-22-109, § 246-314-010, filed 11/2/10, effective 12/3/10. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.70.110
. WSR 06-16-118, § 246-314-010, filed 8/1/06, effective 9/1/06; WSR 91-16-107 (Order 185), § 246-314-010, filed 8/7/91, effective 9/7/91. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.70.040
. WSR 91-02-050 (Order 122), § 246-314-010, filed 12/27/90, effective 1/31/91.]