Effective August 1, 2020, a licensed dentist must complete a commission-approved one-time training that is at least three hours in length for suicide assessment that includes screening, referral, and imminent harm via lethal means elements.
(1) This training must be completed by the end of the first full continuing education reporting period after August 1, 2020, or during the first full continuing education reporting period after initial licensure, whichever is later.
(2) Training accepted by the commission must be on the department's model list as authorized in chapter 246-12
WAC, Part 14.
(3) A licensed dentist who has successfully completed the suicide assessment, treatment, and management curriculum in RCW 43.70.447
, by the school of dentistry at the University of Washington prior to licensure is exempt from the training requirement in this section.
(4) Training completed between July 23, 2017, and August 1, 2020, that meets the requirements of subsection (2) or (3) of this section, is accepted as meeting the one-time training requirement of this section.
(5) The hours spent completing the training in suicide assessment under this section count toward meeting applicable continuing education requirements for dentist license renewal.