No dentist shall allow a dental hygienist duly licensed under the provisions of chapter 18.29
RCW who is in his/her employ or is acting under his/her supervision or direction to perform any of the following procedures:
(1) Any surgical removal of tissue of the oral cavity, except for soft-tissue curettage, as defined in WAC 246-817-510
(2) Any prescription of drugs or medications requiring the written order or prescription of a licensed dentist or physician.
(3) Any diagnosis for treatment or treatment planning.
(4) The taking of any impression of the teeth or jaw, or the relationship of the teeth or jaw, for the purpose of fabricating any intra-oral restoration, appliances, or prosthesis. Not prohibited are the taking of impressions solely for diagnostic and opposing models or taking wax bites solely for study casts.
(5) Intra-orally adjust occlusal of inlays, crowns, and bridges.
(6) Intra-orally finish margins of inlays, crowns, and bridges.
(7) Cement or recement, permanently, any cast restorations or stainless steel crowns.
(8) Incise gingiva or other soft tissue.
(9) Elevate soft tissue flap.
(10) Luxate teeth.
(11) Curette to sever epithelial attachment.
(13) Establish occlusal vertical dimension for dentures.
(14) Try-in of dentures set in wax.
(15) Insertion and post-insertion adjustments of dentures.
(16) Endodontic treatment—Open, extirpate pulp, ream and file canals, establish length of tooth, and fill root canal.