The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise:
(1) "Active administrative charge" means direct participation in the operating concerns of a nursing home. Operating concerns include, but are not limited to, interaction with staff and residents, liaison with the community, liaison with regulatory agencies, pertinent business and financial responsibilities, planning and other activities as identified in the most current job analysis published by the National Association of Boards of Examiners for Long Term Care Administrators.
(2) "Administrator-in-training (AIT)" means an individual in a nursing home training program approved by the board.
(3) "Board" means the state board of nursing home administrators, established under chapter 18.52
RCW, representative of the professions and institutions concerned with the care of the chronically ill and infirm aged patients.
(4) "Collocated facilities" means more than one licensed nursing facility situated on a contiguous or adjacent property, whether or not there are intersecting streets. Other criteria to qualify as a collocated facility would be determined by the nursing home licensing agency under chapter 18.51
(5) "Department of health" or "DOH" means the agency responsible for issuing licenses to nursing home administrators under chapter 18.52
(6) "Health service executive" or "HSE" means a voluntary qualification standard issued by the National Association of Long Term Care Administrators Board (NAB) that recognizes a common core and unique entry level competencies by line of service. Successful demonstration of this combination of competencies is measured by education, experience, and examination that meets or exceeds the current NAB requirements to practice as a nursing home administrator, an assisted living administrator, and an administrator practicing in the field of home and community based service in the majority of jurisdictions.
(7) The "National Association of Long Term Care Administrators Boards" or "NAB" means the national organization of regulatory boards and agencies responsible for licensure of long-term care administrators in all fifty states and the District of Columbia.
(8) "On-site, full-time administrator" means an individual, licensed under chapter 18.52
RCW, who is in active administrative charge of one nursing home facility or collocated facilities for a minimum of:
(a) Four days per week and an average of forty hours per week, if administering a facility with fifty or more nursing home beds;
(b) Four days per week and an average of thirty hours per week, if administering a facility with thirty-one to forty-nine nursing home beds; or
(c) Four days per week and an average of twenty hours per week, if administering a facility with one to thirty nursing home beds.
(9) "Person" means an individual and does not include the terms firm, corporation, institutions, public bodies, joint stock associations, and other such entities.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.52.061
. WSR 19-19-050, § 246-843-010, filed 9/13/19, effective 10/14/19. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.52.061
, and chapter 18.52
RCW. WSR 16-17-127, § 246-843-010, filed 8/23/16, effective 9/23/16. Statutory Authority: 2011 c 366 and RCW 18.52.030
. WSR 12-14-051, § 246-843-010, filed 6/28/12, effective 7/29/12. Statutory Authority: Chapters 18.52
RCW. WSR 00-01-071, § 246-843-010, filed 12/13/99, effective 1/13/00. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.52.061
. WSR 95-07-128, § 246-843-010, filed 3/22/95, effective 4/22/95; WSR 93-13-004 (Order 371B), § 246-843-010, filed 6/3/93, effective 7/4/93. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.52.100
. WSR 91-24-050 (Order 217B), § 246-843-010, filed 11/27/91, effective 12/28/91; WSR 91-06-060 (Order 141B), recodified as § 246-843-010, filed 3/1/91, effective 4/1/91. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.52.100
(14). WSR 87-02-008 (Order PM 633), § 308-54-020, filed 12/29/86; Order PL 107, § 308-54-020, filed 3/3/71.]