An applicant is not required to complete an AIT program if:
(1) An individual has completed a minimum of five years' experience in the last seven years with extensive supervisory and budgetary responsibility in one of the following positions or their equivalent as determined by the board:
(a) Hospital administrator;
(b) Assistant administrator in a hospital or state licensed nursing home;
(c) Director of a hospital based skilled nursing facility;
(d) Director of a subacute or transitional care unit; or
(e) Regional director of rehabilitation services in a skilled nursing facility.
(2) A veteran who has military experience equal to the civilian classifications and time limits listed in subsection (1)(a) through (e) of this section.
(3) An individual has worked as a licensed nursing home administrator for a minimum of two years in the past five years.
(4) An individual has graduated with a baccalaureate or graduate degree in long-term care administration from a program accredited by NAB.
(5) An individual has graduated from a degree program in a recognized educational institution that included a one thousand hour practical experience (practicum) in a nursing home. This practical experience must be structured to allow a student a majority of time in a systematic rotation through each department of a resident-occupied nursing home. The practical experience shall include planned readings, writing, and project assignments. The practical experience shall include regular contact with the administrator of the facility in which the practical experience was completed.
(6) An individual has been issued an HSE designation from NAB.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.52.061
. WSR 19-19-050, § 246-843-093, filed 9/13/19, effective 10/14/19. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.52.061
, and chapter 18.52
RCW. WSR 16-17-127, § 246-843-093, filed 8/23/16, effective 9/23/16. Statutory Authority: Chapters 18.52
RCW. WSR 00-01-070, § 246-843-093, filed 12/13/99, effective 1/13/00.]