The definitions in this section apply throughout this section and through WAC 246-843-280
unless the context clearly requires otherwise:
(1) "Health care information" means any information, whether oral or recorded in any form or medium that identifies or can readily be associated with the identity of, and relates to the health care of, a patient or client.
(2) "Key party" means immediate family members and others who would be reasonably expected to play a significant role in the health care decisions of the patient or client and includes, but is not limited to, the spouse, domestic partner, sibling, parent, child, guardian and person authorized to make health care decisions of the patient or client.
(3) "Legitimate health care purpose" means activities for examination, diagnosis, treatment, and personal care of patients or clients, including palliative care, as consistent with community standards of practice for the profession. The activity must be within the scope of practice of the nursing home administrator.
(4) "Nursing home administrator" means an individual applying for a credential or credentialed as a nursing home administrator under chapter 18.52
(5) "Patient" or "client" means an individual who receives health care in a nursing home under the administrative charge of the nursing home administrator.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.52.061
, and chapter 18.52
RCW. WSR 16-17-127, § 246-843-270, filed 8/23/16, effective 9/23/16. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.130.050
(1) and (12) and 18.52.061
(1). WSR 07-08-005, § 246-843-270, filed 3/22/07, effective 4/22/07.]