(1) "Health care information" means any information, whether oral or recorded in any form or medium that identifies or can readily be associated with the identity of, and relates to the health care of, a patient or client.
(2) "Health care provider" means an individual applying for a credential or credentialed as a pharmacist, pharmacy intern or pharmacy ancillary personnel.
(3) "Key party" means immediate family members and others who would be reasonably expected to play a significant role in the health care decisions of the patient or client and includes, but is not limited to, the spouse, domestic partner, sibling, parent, child, guardian and person authorized to make health care decisions of the patient or client.
(4) "Legitimate health care purpose" means activities consistent with community standards for the practice of pharmacy as defined in RCW 18.64.011
(5) "Patient" or "client" means an individual who receives health care from a health care provider.
(6) "Pharmacist" means a person licensed by the Washington state board of pharmacy to engage in the practice of pharmacy.
(7) "Pharmacy ancillary personnel" means persons certified as a pharmacy technician or registered as a pharmacy assistant under chapter 18.64A
RCW to engage in the practice of pharmacy under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist and to the extent permitted by the board in accordance with chapter 18.64A
(8) "Pharmacy intern" means a person registered by the Washington state board of pharmacy to engage in the practice of pharmacy.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.64.005
. WSR 07-08-040, § 246-860-020, filed 3/28/07, effective 4/28/07.]