The reuse of teat dip containers and closures shall be allowed under the following circumstances:
(1) Teat dip containers for reuse must have attached a labelling panel bearing product name, brand name and distributor address if marketed by other than the manufacturer, manufacturer name and address, product strength, quantity, expiration date, directions for use, and appropriate cautionary statements for the product contained within.
(2) All reusable teat dip containers will be hot stamped for permanent identification as teat dip containers. The hot stamp shall imprint on the plastic container, in an immutable manner, the words "teat dip only" and the manufacturer's name. Teat dip manufacturers may only refill containers bearing their company name.
(3) With cooperation from dairy producers, dairy sanitarians will take random samples of teat dip in reusable containers while on regular farm inspections. The samples, along with appropriate label information, will be forwarded to the board of pharmacy for analysis to insure that the product meets label specifications and is free of contamination.
(4) Reusable teat dip containers shall not be reactive, additive, or absorptive so as to alter the safety, identity, strength, quantity, or purity of the product.
(5) Upon return to the manufacturer, reusable teat dip containers shall be cleaned and sanitized. To insure adequate cleaning occurs, the board of pharmacy may require a manufacturer to submit and have approved a cleaning procedure. Containers showing structural damage, or any signs of being used for substances or materials other than teat dip shall not be reused as teat dip containers.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.64.005
and chapter 18.64A
RCW. WSR 91-18-057 (Order 191B), recodified as § 246-895-090, filed 8/30/91, effective 9/30/91. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.64.005
(11). WSR 88-01-025 (Order 208), § 360-46-082, filed 12/9/87.]