(1) Any person having an insurable interest in real or tangible personal property at a fixed location is entitled to an inspection of the property by the inspection bureau at no cost, upon application to the facility. The inspection may be requested by the property owner, a representative of the property owner, the insurer, or the insurance producer and need not be in writing. Requests for inspections shall be transcribed on a form approved by the facility. A deposit premium is not required as a precondition to inspection.
(2) The owner of the building need not be present for a tenant to obtain an inspection, but the inspection bureau must be provided full access to the property for which insurance is sought.
(3) An inspection report shall be made for each property inspected. The report shall cover pertinent structural and occupancy features as well as the general condition of the building and surrounding structures. A representative photograph of the property may be taken during the inspection.
(4) During the inspection, the inspector shall point out features of structure and occupancy to the applicant or a representative of the applicant, if present, and shall indicate those features which may result in condition charges if the risk is accepted. The inspector has no authority to advise whether the facility will provide the coverage.
(5) The report shall include a rate make-up statement, including any condition charges or surcharges imposed by inspection or under the program, or under any substandard rating plan approved by the commissioner. A copy of the inspection report shall be made available to the applicant or the applicant's agent upon request.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060
. WSR 06-15-030 (Matter No. R 2006-03), § 284-19-060, filed 7/10/06, effective 8/10/06; WSR 98-13-095 (Matter No. R 98-10), § 284-19-060, filed 6/16/98, effective 7/17/98; Order R-69-1, § 284-19-060, filed 1/28/69.]