(1) There shall be an annual meeting of the insurers on a date fixed by the committee. The three associations (WAC 284-19-140
(2)) shall designate or elect their representatives to the committee. The two nonassociation groups of companies shall elect their respective representatives by a majority vote counted on a weighted basis in accordance with each insurer's premiums written and the aggregate premiums written for all insurers in the respective groups of companies. Representatives on the committee shall serve for a period of one year or until successors are elected or designated.
(2) A special meeting may be called at a time and place designated by the committee or upon the written request to the committee of any ten insurers, not more than one of which may be a group under the same management or ownership.
(3) Twenty days' notice of the annual or special meeting shall be given in writing by the committee to the insurers. A majority of the insurers constitutes a quorum. Voting by proxy is permitted. Notice of any meeting shall be accompanied by an agenda for the meeting.
(4) Any matter, including amendment of this program, may be proposed and voted upon by mail, provided the procedure is unanimously authorized by the members of the committee present and voting at any meeting of the committee. If approved by the committee, notice of any proposal is mailed to the insurers not less than twenty days prior to the final date fixed by the committee for voting.
(5) At any regular or special meeting at which the vote of the insurers is or may be required on any proposal, including amendment to this program, or any vote of the insurers which may be taken by mail on any proposal, such votes shall be cast and counted on a weighted basis in accordance with each insurer's premiums written. A proposal becomes effective when approved by at least two-thirds of the votes cast on the weighted basis, except amendments to this program that will require administrative action by the commissioner.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060
. WSR 98-13-095 (Matter No. R 98-10), § 284-19-150, filed 6/16/98, effective 7/17/98; Order R-69-1, § 284-19-150, filed 1/28/69.]