(1) No policy may be advertised, solicited, or issued for delivery in this state as a medicare supplement insurance policy unless it meets or exceeds the requirements imposed by chapter 48.66
(2) A medicare supplement policy or certificate in force in this state may not contain benefits that duplicate benefits provided by medicare.
(3) Except for permitted preexisting condition clauses as described in WAC 284-66-063
(1)(a) no policy or certificate may be advertised, solicited, or issued for delivery in this state as a medicare supplement policy if the policy or certificate contains limitations or exclusions on coverage that are more restrictive than those of medicare.
(4) The terms "medicare supplement," "medicare wrap-around," "Medigap," or words of similar import may not be used to describe an insurance policy unless the policy is issued in compliance with chapter 48.66
RCW and this chapter.
(5) Subject to WAC 284-66-063
(1)(c), a medicare supplement policy with benefits for outpatient prescription drugs in existence before January 1, 2006, must be renewed for current policyholders who do not enroll in Part D at the option of the policyholder.
(6) A medicare supplement policy with benefits for outpatient prescription drugs may not be issued after December 31, 2005.
(7) After December 31, 2005, a medicare supplement policy with benefits for outpatient prescription drugs may not be renewed after the policyholder enrolls in medicare Part D unless:
(a) The policy is modified to eliminate outpatient prescription coverage for expenses of outpatient prescription drugs incurred after the effective date of the individual's coverage under a Part D plan; and
(b) Premiums are adjusted to reflect the elimination of outpatient prescription drug coverage at the time of medicare Part D enrollment, accounting for any claims paid, if applicable.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060
. WSR 05-17-019 (Matter No. R 2004-08), § 284-66-050, filed 8/4/05, effective 9/4/05. Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060
. WSR 92-06-021 (Order R 92-1), § 284-66-050, filed 2/25/92, effective 3/27/92. Statutory Authority: RCW 48.02.060
. WSR 90-07-059 (Order R 90-4), § 284-66-050, filed 3/20/90, effective 4/20/90.]