(1) "Administrative law judge"
is any person appointed by the chief administrative law judge (as defined in RCW 34.12.020
(2)) to preside at a notice of infraction appeal hearing convened under chapter 43.22A
(2) "Appeal hearing" is any proceeding in which an administrative law judge is empowered to determine legal rights, duties or privileges of specific parties on behalf of the director.
(3) "Appellant" means any person, contractor, firm, partnership, corporation, or other entity that has filed an appeal.
(4) "Certified manufactured home installer" means a person who is in the business of installing mobile or manufactured homes and who has been issued a certificate by the department as provided in this chapter.
(5) "Compliance inspector"
refers to the departmental staff responsible for investigating potential violations of chapter 43.22A
is as defined in chapters 18.27
, 18.106, and 19.28
(7) "Department" refers to the department of labor and industries.
(8) "Extension of the pressure relief valve for the water heater" means extension to the outside of the home as described in the Uniform Plumbing Code.
means a violation of chapter 43.22A
RCW as cited by the department's compliance inspectors.
(10) "Manufactured home" means a single-family dwelling built in accordance with the Department of Housing and Urban Development Manufactured Home Construction and Safety Standards Act, which is a national, preemptive building code.
(11) "Manufactured/mobile home dealer"
is defined in chapter 46.70
(12) "Manufacturer" refers to a manufacturer of single-family dwellings built according to the Department of Housing and Urban Development Manufactured Home Construction and Safety Standards Act, which is a national, preemptive building code.
(13) "Mobile or manufactured home installation"
as defined in RCW 43.22A.010
does not include installation of electrical wires and equipment that convey electrical power to the home or to an outlet in the home, and does not include the ground crossover. Installation of electrical wires and equipment that convey electrical power to the home or to an outlet in the home must be performed by a journeyman or specialty electrician as defined in chapter 19.28
RCW. Equipment does not include plug-in household appliances.
(14) "Other equivalent experience" means six months of hands-on experience installing manufactured homes under the guidance of a reputable, recognized manufactured home installer; or two years experience in residential or commercial construction.
(15) "Site" means the parcel of land designed to accommodate the dwelling and auxiliary structures.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 43.22A
RCW and 2007 c 432. WSR 08-12-040, § 296-150I-0020, filed 5/30/08, effective 6/30/08.]