(1) Study and follow all safe practices that apply to their work.
(2) Coordinate and cooperate with all other employees in the workplace to try to eliminate on-the-job injuries and illnesses.
(3) Apply the principles of accident prevention in their daily work and use proper safety devices and protective equipment as required by their employment or employer.
(4) Take care of all personal protective equipment (PPE) properly.
(5) Not wear torn or loose clothing while working around machinery.
Things such as clothing, hair, and jewelry can get caught in machinery and be a hazard on the job.
(6) Report promptly to their supervisor every industrial injury or occupational illness.
(7) Not remove, displace, damage, or destroy or carry off any safeguard, notice, or warning provided to make the workplace safe.
(8) Not interfere with use of any safeguard by anyone in the workplace.
(9) Not interfere with the use of any work practice designed to protect them from injuries.
(10) Do everything reasonably necessary to protect the life and safety of employees.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010
, and 49.17.060
. WSR 18-22-116, § 296-800-12005, filed 11/6/18, effective 12/7/18. Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010
, [49.17].040, and [49.17].050. WSR 01-23-060, § 296-800-12005, filed 11/20/01, effective 12/1/01; WSR 01-11-038, § 296-800-12005, filed 5/9/01, effective 9/1/01.]