Inspect and activate your emergency washing facilities.
(1) You must make sure all plumbed emergency washing facilities are inspected once a year to make sure they function correctly.
Inspections should include:
• Examination of the piping
• Making sure that water is available at the appropriate temperature and quality
• Activation to check that the valves and other hardware work properly
• Checking the water flow rate.
(2) You must make sure plumbed emergency eyewashes and hand-held drench hoses are activated weekly to check the proper functioning of the valves, hardware, and availability of water.
(3) You must make sure all self-contained eyewash equipment and personal eyewash units are inspected and maintained according to manufacturer instructions.
(a) Inspections to check proper operation must be done once a year.
(b) Sealed personal eyewashes must be replaced after the manufacturer's expiration date.
Most manufacturers recommend replacing fluid in open self-contained eyewashes every six months. The period for sealed containers is typically two years.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010
, and 49.17.060
. WSR 18-22-116, § 296-800-15035, filed 11/6/18, effective 12/7/18. Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010
, [49.17].040, and [49.17].050. WSR 02-16-047, § 296-800-15035, filed 8/1/02, effective 10/1/02.]