(1) You must illuminate each exit route adequately and reliably.
(2) You must have at least five foot-candles illumination from a reliable light source.
(3) You must make sure any exit signs illuminated by artificial lights and made of translucent material (other than internally illuminated types).
(a) Have screens, discs or lens of at least twenty-five square inches in size; and
(b) Show red or other designated color on the approach side of the exit.
(4) You must make sure brightly lit signs, displays, or objects in or near the line of vision do not distract attention from the exit sign.
(5) You must make sure exit signs that are self-lighting have a minimum luminance surface value of .06 footlamberts.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010
, and 49.17.060
. WSR 18-22-116, § 296-800-31053, filed 11/6/18, effective 12/7/18. Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010
, [49.17].040, and [49.17].050. WSR 01-11-038, § 296-800-31053, filed 5/9/01, effective 9/1/01.]