1. The buddy system applies to stand-by employees (see WAC 296-824-50025).
2. One of the two stand-by employees can be assigned to another task provided it does not interfere with the performance of the stand-by role.
3. Rescue equipment should be selected and provided based on the types of rescue situations that could occur.
1. Employee training is covered by WAC 296-800-150, first aid. This rule requires training on basic first aid and any subjects that are specific to your workplace emergency hazards (for example: If exposure to corrosive substances could occur, training would need to include first-aid procedures for treating chemical burns).
2. Employers who designate and train their employees to provide first aid are covered by chapter 296-823 WAC, Occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens.