(1) You must make sure employees inspect PPE before, during and after use, following your plan's procedures.
(2) You must make sure employees put on (don) and remove (doff) PPE following your plan's procedures.
(3) You must make sure employees do not interchange self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) air cylinders from different manufacturers, unless all of the following apply:
(a) There is a life-saving emergency;
(b) You need a supplemental air supply;
(c) The cylinders are of the same capacity and pressure rating.
(4) You must make sure compressed air cylinders used with SCBAs meet the testing and service life requirements of the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT). Search at: http://www.dot.gov.
You can also check with the cylinder manufacturers to obtain USDOT test and service life specifications.
(5) You must make sure PPE is maintained in a safe and reliable condition using your plan's procedures.
PPE maintenance includes:
(d) Identification of damage or defects;
(e) Parts repair or replacement;
(f) Storage or disposal.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010
, and 49.17.060
. WSR 17-18-075, § 296-824-60015, filed 9/5/17, effective 10/6/17; WSR 02-20-034, § 296-824-60015, filed 9/24/02, effective 10/1/02.]